Saturday, December 31, 2011

Disney in December





This year for Christmas, my parents surprised Alex, the girls, and I with a trip to Disney World when we went down to visit them in Florida. I couldn't have asked for a better gift! It was perfect. Adaleigh had a blast and Aubriella did so well in the stroller all day. Adaleigh is now 4 and I thought we were going to wait until she was at least 6 to take her, but I'm so happy we went now. She enjoyed the shows, the rides, and meeting the characters. She now looooves Minnie Mouse.


I begged Adaleigh to get in this pic (above), but she was too busy looking around.
 

It's funny. She liked Minnie before, but it's a whole different ball game now that she has met Minnie in person. My parents bought her a little Minnie stuffed animal before we went to Disney and Adaleigh brought her into the park and carried her all around. She brought her on the rides, held her during lunch, and even brought her to meet Minnie Mouse herself.




Adaleigh's favorite part of the day was meeting all the characters. She met and saw lots of them, but we got the cutest pictures with Donald Duck, Daisy Duck, and of course, Minnie and Mickey.



Alex and I got to sneak away for a little bit while my parents watched the girls and we rode Space Mountain. Alex has never been on it and we joked a lot because when he was 4 he went through the line, but chickened out at the last second. This was his 2nd time ever at Disney, so he was finally able to conquer his childhood fear! Lol.




I think Adaleigh's favorite ride was the Dumbo ride in FantasyLand. Or maybe it was just the fact that she got to have "daddy and me" time. :)


She also had some awesome "daddy and me" time on the walk back to the monorail and the parking lot. She was so excited that we bought her this adorable Minnie Mouse suitcase and my dad (her Papa) bought her a Minnie Mouse balloon. She was attached to those things for days!


We all had so much fun. We will definitely be headed back to Disney World in the future. Hopefully sooner rather than later!


No comments:

Post a Comment